|The various links provided below include information on training and resources for water suppliers and wastewater managers.
- PaWARN is a statewide Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (WARN) of “utilities helping utilities” to prepare for the next natural or human-caused emergency.
- Emergency Preparedness for Water and Wastewater Facilities- PADEP This page is designed as a directory to many security related sites at the local, state and federal level.
- PA DEP Drinking Water & Wastewater Treatment System Operator Information Center This website offers information on Certification Exam Schedule, Required Security Courses, Operator Handbooks and other information.
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection- Drinking Water Reporting System The DWRS allows public access to public drinking water systems' sample history, inventory information and recent violation history. Based on selection criteria provided by the user, information will be displayed for a single water system or multiple systems.
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Earthwise Academy is the treatment plant operator's one-stop shop for all things training. Certified operators can view their continuing education transcript, search for DEP-approved training courses, and take DEP's Web-based training courses.
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Training Modules are intended to serve as student workbooks for use by approved training sponsors to develop pre-certification classroom training. DEP now distributes these modules directly to non-certified operators for use as self-study guides for the certification exams. Please be aware that this is NOT the intended purpose for which these modules were developed and their effectiveness as self-study guides has not been evaluated.
- PennVest provides service to the communities and citizens of Pennsylvania by funding sewer, storm water and drinking water projects throughout the Commonwealth.
- American Water Works Association is the largest nonprofit, scientific and educational association dedicated to managing and treating water, the world’s most important resource. With approximately 50,000 members, AWWA provides solutions to improve public health, protect the environment, strengthen the economy and enhance our quality of life.
- The National Environmental Services Center (NESC) helps thousands of small, rural communities with their drinking water, wastewater, environmental training, infrastructure resilience, and utility management needs--leading them to solutions to the problems they face.
- Water Environment Federation (WEF) is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of 36,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world. WEF members, Member Associations, and staff proudly work to achieve our mission to provide bold leadership, champion innovation, connect water professionals, and leverage knowledge to support clean and safe water worldwide.
- Water Works Operators Association of Pennsylvania provides information to increase the knowledge and expertise of those working at all levels and in all sectors of Pennsylvania's water supply industry.
- Pennsylvania Rural Water Association website is designed as a clearinghouse for wellhead and watershed protection information.
- Environmental Training Center and Small Public Water Systems Technology Assistance Center provides continuing education courses in drinking water, wastewater, and water resources. In addition, ETC collaborates with the Penn State Harrisburg's Continuing and Professional Education Office and the School of Science, Engineering and Technology offering a variety of noncredit programs designed for professionals in the engineering/technology fields as well as outreach programs for school age children.
- Wetland and Riparian Stewardship in Pennsylvania: A Guide to Landowners, Local Governments and Organizations